Monday 21 February 2011

School Website Research.....

As research for my school website I went on 6 different school websites and analysed them I used 5 secondary schools and 1 primary school. I found that there were more colours on the primary school website where as the secondary school websites tend to have 1 or 2 colours which give them a more uniformed and executive look. All of the school websites followed the same kind of structure whereby the school emblem is in the top left hand side of the page, followed by the school’s name. There are normally two columns on either side where links and other information are placed. Somewhere on the page there is always a head teacher’s column which has a short letter from the head teacher which invites parents and children to the page and explains a bit about the school and its values and aims for the future. In order to make it easier to access information that you require on the websites there is a navigation bar on the navigation bars there are different rollovers such as ‘contact us’ or ‘about us’. Most of the websites have images of students and teachers doing various activities.
For my website i will be following all of the conventions I mentioned above. My  website however will contain a short video clip of an aspect of the school in action. I will edit this video using final cut express, on the apple macs. There will be various rollovers on the page which will take to you different parts of my schools website. all images that i use on my website will be my own images and most will be manipulated on photoshop.
This is an example of my website annalysis, the school is hayes school in hayes, bromley.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment