Monday 24 January 2011

Web Hosting

Website are distributed via the World Wide Web, companies producing the websites will often pay host companies to store the website on their files, when I researched this I found that this could cost anywhere from free to over £100 a month.

One of the most important factors of distributing your website is the domain name, by choosing a name that contains words which are highly searched on search engines the chances of the website being seen is then increased. But these cannot just be any words they must link together with your website/company.
I can register my domain name with many different companies most of these companies offer very similar service but differ in price. I would like to publish my website using Apache. Apache is a public-domain open source Web server software which is maintained by a group of programmers. Apache started in 1995 and by 2009 it was the first sever to go past the 100 million mark. I chose this server because when I did research I found that it was a very commonly used server and a very high reputation.
I will put my website on Google as it is the leading search engine and by using Google I am almost guaranteed traffic to my site. To make my website even more visible I could use

‘http://google.advertisingwebservice.co.uk/awsmhowitworks.aspx?cid=532&gclid=CKro6p_R1qgCFUdP4QodzhnoAA’ by paying £5 a month I will be able to put my website into the ‘ads’ part on the Google page.


No comments:

Post a Comment